UK Indefinite Leave to Remain Eligibility
- If you can settle in the United Kingdom under the business person category.
- If you are in the United Kingdom under the business person category you will have to spend a continuous period, of at least five years, in the United Kingdom before becoming eligible to apply for settlement (indefinite leave to remain).
- If you are aged 18-64 in the United Kingdom you should show sufficient knowledge of English language and life in the United Kingdom to apply for settlement (indefinite leave to remain).
- In order to show that you have knowledge of life in the United Kingdom you will need to:
- Have English for speakers of other languages (ESOL) level three standard; or
- Undertake a short test called 'Life in the UK Test'.
- You may be exempt from taking this test and you should check the BUS guidance to see if you are exempt before making your application.
For the address of where to send your application form see the Where to send your form section.
Any dependent children over 18 years old should make their own application on a separate form and pay the appropriate fee.
UK Indefinite leave to Remain Fees
You will have to pay a fee when you make your application.