Friday, May 7, 2010


UK working Holiday visa Scheme is an arrangement where a person aged between 17 and 27 can come to the United Kingdom (UK) for an extended holiday for up to two years and may do part-time or casual work. Work must not be the main reason for your visit.In this category,  you can only stay in UK for 2 (two) years only as working holiday maker from the date you enter in the UK.You must need working holiday visa before you travel to UK.For more information about working holiday visa for Canadian,Malaysians,Australians,
South Africans,American you have to visit official site of UK working Holiday visa.
uk working holiday visa
You qualify as a working holidaymaker if:
  • You are a Commonwealth Citizen, British Dependent Territories Citizen or British Overseas Citizen
  • You want to come to the UK for an extended holiday and intend to take some incidental employment
  • You are Single or are Married to a person who also Qualifies as a working Holiday maker and you plan to take the working Holiday together
  • You do not have any dependent children who are aged five years or over, or who will be five before you complete your Holiday
  • Your Holiday is the main reason for your visit not work.
  • You can support and accommodate yourself without help from public funds
  • You do not have any Commitments which require a regular salary
  • You can pay for your onward journey
  • You plan to leave the UK at the end of your holiday
You can only do work incidental to a Holiday and cannot do work which represents the continuation of a career. You should not take up a Managerial position and cannot engage in Business or provide services as a Professional Sports person or Entertainer. This does not however rule out all Professional activity, it is acceptable to engage in work as, for example:
  1. Supply Teacher at a relatively junior level
  2. Agency Nurse
  3. Occupational therapist
  4. Physiotherapist
  5. Speech Therapist
  6. Radiographer
  7. Nanny
  8. Locum vet (but not locum hospital doctor, GP, solicitor or barrister)
You cannot take full-time work, even on a casual basis, for more than half your stay, even for the professions listed above, but you may engage in part-time work for more than half your stay provided that you have a holiday. For the purpose of working holidaymakers, full-time work is more than 25 hours a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment