Saturday, March 13, 2010


SINGAPORE IMMIGRATION as a Visitor required some basic entry requirements before they are allowed to enter Singapore.
Visitors are advised to check their passports for the arrival endorsement and take note of the number of days stay given before leaving the checkpoint.
All visitors on social visit passes are not permitted to engage in any form of business, profession, occupation or paid employment while in Singapore.

  • A passport with at least 6 months validity;
  • Valid Singapore visa, if applicable;
  • Sufficient funds to last for the intended period of stay in Singapore;
  • Confirmed onward/return tickets (where applicable); and
  • Entry facilities to their onward destinations, e.g. visas.

Nationals of the Commonwealth Independent States may be granted entry into Singapore without visas if they are on transit to a third country. However, they are required to fulfill the following conditions:-
  • They are in transit to a third country;
  • They hold a valid passport, a confirmed onward air-ticket, entry facilities (including visa) to the third country and have sufficient funds for the period of stay in Singapore;
  • They continue their journey to the third country within the 96-hour visa free period granted; and
  • They satisfy Singapore's entry requirements. As in all arrivals, the grant of the social visit passes to travelers will be determined by the Immigration & Checkpoints Authority officers at the Singapore Checkpoints.


Shia Islam is the official religion of Iran, and Islamic law is the basis of the authority of the state. The Iranian Constitution guarantees freedom of worship to Jews, Christians and Zoroastrians, though they are sometimes the subject of discrimination and repression.
Iran is a constitutional Islamic republic with a theocratic system of government where ultimate political authority is vested in a learned religious scholar, the Supreme Leader.


IRAN tourist visa is issued for foreign nationals who are interested to travel to Iran individually or with a group for the purpose of visiting Iran or their relatives.


  • Two completed visa application forms
  • Valid passport, for at least 6 months
  • 3 recent photos (size 3x4cm)
  • Visa fee
  • Return envelop with address and prepaid postage to cover cost of registered mail.
  • Interview, if necessary

IRAN TRANSIT VISA will be issued for foreign drivers carrying cargo to Iran or other countries. For these cases, it is necessary to coordinate in advance with the Diplomatic Missions of the Islamic Republic of Iran.

  • Two completed visa application forms
  • Valid Passport, for at least 6 months
  • 3 recent photos (Size 3x4cm)
  • Possession of visa for the third country for drivers who carry cargo to destinations in other countries.
  • Payment of visa fee
  • Return envelop with address and adequate prepaid postage to Cover of registered mail.
  • Interview, if necessary.


IRAN ENTRY VISA is a permission issued for foreign experts and businessmen who travel to Iran for a limited period of time once twice or multiple for economic, commercial, cultural and industrial purposes.

  • Two completed visa application forms
  •  Valid passport for at least six months
  •  3 recent photos (size 3x4cm)
  •  Visa fee
  •  Return envelop with address and adequate prepaid postage to cover the cost of registered mail.
  •  Interview, if necessary.


The general rule is that all foreign nationals require a visa to visit Norway. However, there are some exceptions to this requirement. Below is a list of those who do not require a visa.

SCHENGEN COUNTRIES as per the Schengen Agreement, there are no passport controls when traveling between countries which have signed up to the agreement. Citizens of these countries may therefore enter Norway freely, without having to apply for a visa. The same applies to foreign nationals who have a residence permit for one of the Schengen countries. The 15 member states are Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Iceland, Italy, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Spain and Sweden. 

Note: European countries such as Ireland, Russia, Switzerland, Turkey and the United Kingdom are not parties to the agreement.

Visa Waiver Agreement

Nationals of countries with a visa waiver may stay in Norway for up to 90 days.Visa is not required for nationals of countries with which Norway has signed a visa waiver agreement.

The countries with which Norway has a visa waiver agreement are:

Andorra, Argentina, Australia, Austria,Belgium, Bermuda (BDTC passport), Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria,Canada, Chile, Costa Rica, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic,Denmark,El Salvador, Estonia,Finland, France,
Germany, Greece, Guatemala, Hong Kong (SAR passport), Honduras, Hungary , celand, Ireland, Israel, Italy,Japan ,
Korean Republic,Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg,Macau (SAR passport), Malaysia, Malta, Mexico, Monaco,Netherlands, New Zealand, Nicaragua,Panama, Paraguay, Poland, Portugal,Romania ,San Marino, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland,
UK, Uruguay, USA ,Vatican State, Venezuela,


Certain requirements which apply to foreign nationals with a visa waiver.

Sufficient funds to cover your stay in Norway. As a rule, you have to have NOK 500 per day that you will be staying in Norway, but if you are staying with family or friends, the amount is somewhat lower
A passport that is valid for at least three months beyond the period of your stay in the Schengen area
A legal right to return to your country of origin or other country where you have a residence permit


If you are exempt from the requirement to obtain a visa for Norway, you may stay in the Schengen area for up to 90 days. You may not stay in the Schengen area for more than 90 days in the course of the past 180 days. This means that, after a stay of 90 days, you cannot re-enter the Schengen area until another 90 days has elapsed. It is your responsibility to ensure that you comply with this requirement.

Wednesday, March 3, 2010


Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) immigration authorities have the right to refuse any person permission to land except those in

any Chinese diplomatic and consular mission or the Immigration Department.If you have a close connection with the HKSAR by birth or long period of residence in the Region, you may not require a visa or entry permit.
you will need a visa or entry permit to work, study, establish or join in any business or to take up residence in the HKSAR. However, you may not need a visa or entry permit for visit, depending on your nationality.


You require a visa or entry permit to work, study, establish or join in any business or to take up residence in the HKSAR. Otherwise, you are taking the risk of being refused admission on arrival.
Visitors are required to have adequate funds to cover the duration of their stay without working and, unless in transit to the Mainland of China or the region of Macau, to hold onward or return tickets. If you want to stay longer than the visa free period allowed, you must apply for a visa or entry permit before traveling to the HKSAR.
Visitors are not allowed by law to take up employment (paid or unpaid), to establish or join in any business, or to enter school as a student, nor, except in the most unusual circumstances, are visitors allowed to change their immigration status after arrival.


You may apply for the appropriate visa or entry permit from the nearest Chinese diplomatic and consular mission.
As an alternative, you may also submit your visa or entry permit application to the HKSAR Immigration Department either directly by post or through a local sponsor. To shorten processing time, application forms and supporting documents can be sent by fax to (852) 2824 1133 in the first instance. However, the original copy of the duly completed application form and the photographs required should be sent immediately to the HKSAR Immigration Department by air mail. A visa/entry permit will be issued only on receipt of an original, properly completed visa/entry permit application form.
Persons who need a visa or entry permit for visit (or purposes other than a visit) should obtain the appropriate visa or entry permit before traveling to the HKSAR.


A person who wishes to reside in Sweden, to be reunited with relatives for example, must apply for and be granted a residence permit before entering the country.

The visa should be complete and be entered in the passport before entry into the Schengen area.

The right to enter the Schengen area is examined every time you pass the outer border of the area. At the border control everyone who enters the area must be able to show that they have money for their keep during their visit and for their return journey home and that they have medical travel insurance and documents showing the purpose of their visit.


Each Swedish mission abroad (embassy or consulate) is an independent authority and together with the other Schengen states represented at the same place it can require additional documents and make other demands. The mission can for example require that the authenticity of the signature on certain documents is confirmed by at notary public.
These requirements may change depending on the existing circumstances. It is therefore important that you check which requirements you have to fulfill in order to be granted a visa.
  • You will need a passport valid for at least three months after the final date stated in the visa.
  • You must also have money for your keep and for the journey home. The Swedish authorities have estimated that a person needs €40 (approximately SEK 370) for each day spent in Sweden. This amount could in certain instances be lower, such as in the case of a young child, if the cost of food and accommodation is paid in advance or if the applicant intends to stay with relatives or friends. You can prove that you have sufficient money for your keep by, for example, producing an account statement from your bank or a document showing that the person inviting you to Sweden promises to cover all expenses during your visit.
  • Medical travel insurance which covers any costs that could arise in conjunction with:
  1. emergency medical assistance
  2. emergency hospital care
  3. transport to your home country for medical reasons.
  4. The insurance should cover costs of at least €30,000 and be valid in all the Schengen countries.
  • To enable the authorities to process your application you must state clearly:
  1. why you are visiting Sweden
  2. how long you intend to stay in Sweden
  3. how you will support yourself during your time in Sweden
  4. the type of passport you hold and how long it is valid
  5. where you intend to travel following your visit to Sweden
  6. if you have a permit to travel to the country you intend to travel to after your time in Sweden.


You should hand in your visa application to a Swedish mission abroad.In certain countries Sweden is represented by another Schengen country.
Authority that makes the decision (Swedish mission abroad) or (the Swedish Migration Board ) considers that you will leave the Schengen area after your visit and that the purpose of your visit is the one you have stated in your application. If it is considered that you have other intentions with your visit or that your true intention is to reside in the Schengen area your application will be rejected.
The same applies if you are registered in the computer system SIS (Schengen Information System), where the member countries register persons who are not permitted to enter the Schengen area. These rules apply in all countries that have ratified the Schengen Agreement.
documents should also be translated into the language of that country.


The Schengen countries have agreed on what countries are free of visa requirements and what countries are under visa obligations.

If you are a foreign national requiring a visa, you must always have one when entering the Schengen area. If you would ordinarily need a visa but have a residence permit valid in one of Schengen countries, you do not need a visa to enter another Schengen country if the intended duration of your stay is less than three months.

A Schengen visa is applied for from the embassy or consulate of the destination country. If the country from where you are applying for a visa does not have a Finnish embassy or consulate, you must apply for it from a Finnish mission in the nearest country to your own. For example, if the country of destination is Finland, you must apply for a visa from a Finnish mission. In certain cases Finland may be represented by another Schengen country, from which a Finnish visa may be applied.
You need the following documents when applying for a visa:
  • complete and singed the visa form.
  • A passport sized photograph of yourself.the photograph must be less than 6 months old, 47mm in height (height of the head 32-36mm), 36mm in width, taken with a plain light-colored background, in sharp focus and clear. The photo must show the person looking directly at the camera (not profile) with neutral expression (no smiling) and eyes open and visible.
  • A passport valid for at least three (3) months following your journey.
  • Travel insurance covering the duration of the visa and the Schengen area. The insurance indemnity should be at least EUR 30,000 and should insure you in case of sudden illness or accident (including travel home) and include transportation home in the event of your death..The application form should be accompanied by other documents indicating the purpose, conditions and duration of your visit. These can include tickets, confirmed hotel reservations and a private or official letter of invitation. The invitation may be written in free-form but must include details of the host organization or individual, and the your date of birth, address, passport number, and purpose and length of visit. If the visit is a private one, it is worth mentioning the relationship between the host and the guest, for example whether she/he is a friend, spouse or relative. Please note that an invitation is not a guarantee that a visa will be issued.
  • You may need to supply further details in addition to those mentioned above, such as the route of your journey, means of transport, details of your return journey, income, property and details of your employment. 
  • You must have sufficient funds to cover your stay - at least EUR 30 a day..Underage children require parental consent if they intend to travel unaccompanied by a parent or guardian.
  • The embassy or consulate may also want to interview you to ask about the purpose of your visit..By signing the application you are responsible for the accuracy of the information you have given. 
  • You must sign the form personally. If the form is unsigned or someone else has signed it for you, the application will be denied.

Download Finland Visa form here


You must prove that you have sufficient funds (EUR 30 per day) for your stay and for your return journey or further travel. If you have a valid return ticket the amount of funds you are required to have with you will be less. You must not be under prohibition from entry to the country.